Warren County offers competitive, stable and reliable electric energy. Our electric providers can offer electric rates to industrial customers as low as 4¢ per kilowatt hour. The following companies offer electric services in Warren County.
Warren County is served by the following providers for natural gas utility service:
- Serves approximately 420,000 natural gas utility customers in the states of Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota with coverage in Southern Warren County.
- Natural gas sold and transported in thousands of dekatherms total 105,515.
- Service territory covers 8,000 miles of natural gas main
- MidAmerican Energy Company is the largest utility in Iowa and is strategically located in the middle of several major markets in the Midwest.
- Average price per MMBtu for industrial use customers is $8.230.
- MidAmerican Energy Company provides electric service to 734,000 customers and natural gas service to 714,000 customers in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska and South Dakota. The company provides service to the majority of Warren County and is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa.
- The company’s average price per kilowatt hour is one of the lowest in the U.S.
- The record summer peak load totaled 4,752 megawatts and was set in July 2011.
- The record peak day volumes in MMBtu is 1,143,026.
- Total net owned generating capacity (as of year-end 2012) for the company is more than 7,400 megawatts.
State of the art telecommunication capability is in place throughout Warren County including fiber optic and long-distance services. Area businesses find it easy to meet their telecommunications needs in a cost-effective manner. The following companies offer telecommunication service in Warren County.
Communities in Warren County have access to clean and reliable water sources. Below are the different water utilities in Warren County. Click to the utilities to learn more.
Carlisle Public Works - Provides water utility for Carlisle
Des Moines Water Works - Provides water utility for Cumming, Des Moines and West Des Moines
Indianola Municipal Utilities - Provides water utility for Indianola
Marion County Rural Water system - Serves Sandyville and the far Eastern edge of Warren County
Norwalk Water Department - provides water utility for Norwalk
Warren Water District - Provides water utility for the remaining Warren County communities: Ackworth, Bevington, Hartford, Lacona, Martensdale, Milo, New Virginia, Spring Hill and St. Marys
The Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Facility services the Warren County communities of Cumming and Norwalk and is a 50 million gallon per day (mgd) wastewater treatment facility that can treat a peak flow of 200 mgd. Warren Water District provides wastewater service to the community of Bevington and all other communities in Warren County utilize municipal wastewater systems.